Minutes July 2021

Withington Group Parish Council
Meeting Held on Thursday 15th July 2021
At 7.30pm in Preston Wynne Village Hall

Present: In the Chair: Kevin Hewison (KH). Martin Kirk (MK), Bob Wood (BW), Ingrid Heatly (IH); Judith Howe (JH), Julie Williams (JW), Tom Nellist (TN), Sue Rudd (SR); Anna Green (AG);
Barclay Rogers (BR);

Also: Sophie Glover (Clerk), Paul Andrews (Ward Cllr); 2 members of public Including prospective Councillor Bob Rudd.

The Meeting opened at 7.30pm
There was 10 minutes allowed from 7.30pm for members of the public to raise any issues that they would like the Parish Council to consider.
No comments made at this time.

1. To accept Apologies for absence – Simon Dent (SD), Alison Bainbridge (AB), Jonathan Beech (JB), Howard Mansell (HM);
Absent with out apologies: Ed Simcock (ES)

2. To receive Declaration of Interests.
None received

3. Acceptance of minutes of the:- PC meetings (March 2021)
13d has been amended to say: ‘ Papers had been circulated prior to the meeting and the Chair went straight to a vote as follows:-‘ With this amendment it was moved that all were in favour.
Proposed: KH Seconded:TN All were in favour.
They were duly accepted as a true record of the meetings.

Minutes of Annual meeting in May 2021:

Proposed: KH Seconded: TN All were in favour.
They were duly accepted as a true record of the meetings.

Ii. Action Points
From previous meetings completed or on agenda .

4. Items raised between meetings
Voting for a Vice Chair: at the last meeting no one was nominated. Judith Howe was nominated by the Chair, seconded by Julie Williams all were in favour.
Co-option of Councillor: Bob Rudd was nominated by the chair, Seconded by TN, all were in favour. Clerk to arrange to meet him to go through the paperwork.

5. Planning including

212357 – Field West of Oldhall House, Veldo Lane: Reserved matters following outline approval
Discussion included the fact that this ‘reserve’ matters includes access details, so it was suggested that this should be a new application. The WGPC have considered the submission of a parishioner and resolved to submit the same as their submission.
It was resolved to lodge this objection having given cllrs the chance to read through the submission them selves.
Granting of Premises Licence: Withington Stores WGPC resolved to support this application

Consultation on ‘Land adjacent to Whitestone Business Park’. 35 dwellings. This was raised by a parishioner who had had the consultation letter put through their letter box – it was only mentioned as a discussion point as it is not yet a planning application.

Action: clerk to submit the comments.

Planning decisions made:
Malt and salt signs on A4103 it was questioned if these had had planning permission – it was clarified that on appeal it was granted.

It was brought to the meetings attention that there will be an application for a large solar power plant in Westhide coming shortly. Westhide cllrs were asked to keep up to date with residents feelings on the matter. They are setting up a survey to ensure that residents are all able to give their points of view.

6. Open discussion/public forum including comments from the public
Bob Rudd asked about the parking on Withies Rd in Withington by the Vine Tree turning.
Action: Clerk to send out the link to the SNT (local police) e mail link for the local PCSO.
Ward Cllr suggested that the PC might consider doing another consultation about traffic calming in the village.

6.1 Report from Ward Councillor – Cllr Paul Andrews. Dog fouling: is a problem across the parishes, but dog waste can go into any bin.
S106: the department now has new members to assist this team to progress these monies being moved out to the parishes. The Chair asked the ward cllr to see where the S106 monies promised to BB from Vine Tree development had gone.
Action: clerk will add S106 to the next agenda.

6.2 Local police – no report submitted.

6.3 Balfour Beatty – Reports come out weekly and cllrs can comment on them.

7. Withington Fields – Lengthsmans inspection showed that the ‘pick up sticks’ element of the play ground was actually dangerous and this has been roped off and marked as closed. Clerk has notified Wicksteed who are looking into it.
Action: Clerk to ensure the repair is made:

8. Working parties:
– War Memorial; MK updated the meeting that there had been a meeting at the WM yesterday. There was a suggestion that rather than doing an extensive renovation, the external bits of the memorial might not be considered a listed building, which could allow the PC to repair the externals and smooth the surround and put it to turf. The grass will be mowed by a resident.
The Chair proposed that we get quotes for the work to be done and if less than our £4,000 budget we proceed with the work. All were in agreement.
John Baker has now bought a property away from the parish and so has regretfully stood down from this committee.
Action: clerk to write and thank John Baker for his hard work. Clerk to check the extent of the ‘emergency remedial work’ that can be undertaken with out consultation from the listed building department.

– NDP: JH reminded the group that currently we are not proceeding on this until the Herefordshire Council complete their own Core Strategy. JH suggested that Keith Merrick might be ideal to lead this group.
The Ward Cllr was asked when Herefordshire Council were going to get their Core Strategy finalised. He felt that it could be another 6 to 9 months.

– Changing rooms and car park at the village hall: KH told the meeting that the project was nearly completed. The VHC put in £12,500. KH explained the pots of S106 monies and that we had been told that actually the changing room and the car park pots could be divided up as the PC seemed fit between the two projects.

– A4103: KH had circulated the papers from the working group prior to the meeting. They had met with Ian Connolly from West Mercia police and he had provided them with speed stickers for people to put on wheely bins. Cllrs felt that these could well be a useful tool in slowing people down in their villages. He outlined where the group felt signs on the A4103 would be beneficial, the group had also considered roundels. They were also looking at the A465 at Cross Keys for similar signage.
These improvements could be paid by S106 monies or the Police and Crime Commissioner also has funds. But, the PC would need to bear some cost one way or another.

– Vine Tree: MK said that the new estate now had a path linking them to the village hall. The conservation area now has picket fencing, gates that will be padlocked and the final top dressing will happen next week. Bell Homes have kindly provided the picket fences, gates with signs and the pathway – leading to our new link path in the coppice. AB had asked for the PC to acknowledge the work done by Bell Homes and thank them for providing the pathway. Clerk to contact the Bell Homes secretary to express the PC’s thanks.

Action: clerk to contact Bell Homes to thank them for providing the footpath link with picket fences etc

9. Dog fouling in the parishes: MK asked for some proper signs to be procured and then put up.

10. CCTV on the village hall:   A parishioner had sent request to have this CCTV on the Village Hall to try and deter anti social behaviour on Withington Field and vandalism at the Village Hall. KH explained that the VHC didn’t feel that there was enough of a need to put this in at this time.
It was recalled that a few years ago the police had mentioned putting one of their own cameras on the village hall, but this discussion had lapsed.
MK proposed that the WGPC gets information and costs for CCTV to cover the car park and play area. It was agreed that we need to look at the GDPR aspect of this. Be Secure are a local firm who do this.
Action: BW will approach them for ideas.

11. Lengthsman Scheme – identification of jobs for the lengthsman.
Steps at Duke St need strimming and looking at repairing. Bridle path leading N out of PW needs a sign.
2 culverts to be cleared in Preston Wynne asap.
Action: Clerk to Liaise with BR and lengthsman.

12. Foot paths officers reports
PW: all clear.
WH: the footpath that goes to WH wood up to the roundhouse. Stiles are rickety. There is a missing sign at a footpath off the road onto the WT30.
Withington: Nothing to report. Nunnington Court has not moved forward. Matthew Dent is sympathetic about getting a gate.

13. Tree Warden report – Ingrid Heatly the Tree Warden. Concerns about the oak trees should the solar plant go ahead.

14. Feedback on training or information events attended:
The Parish Council summit had focussed on S106 monies not being easily drawn down by Parish Councils.

15. Matters Financial.

a. Balances
Public Sector Deposit Fund (30.06.21) £ 14,101.36
Lloyds Parish Acct (05.03.21) £ 17,752.67
Lloyds Withington Field Acct (01.03.21) £ 8,769.67 £40,623.70
b. Cheques to be paid
Parish Acct:-
Clerks Salary                                     £ 954.83
Clerks Expenses                               £ 42.50  £ 997.33
HMRC PAYE                                                    £ 122.29
T Griffiths Inv 1506                                        £   39.60
Countrywide church grass cutting              £   36.00
Withington VH room Hire                           £   30.50
TA Matthews replacement cheque             £ 294.00
Martin Meredith Plant Hire                        £8,592.00
GM Joyce Surfacing Ltd VH car park       £48,780.00
Total:                   £58,983.86

Withington Field Acct:-
Shelly O’Sullivan                                            £ 80.00
T Griffiths inv 1504                  £ 48.00
T Griffiths inv 1502                  £ 270.00
T Griffiths inv 1503                  £ 26.40
T Griffiths inv 1525                  £ 120.00
T Griffiths inv 1565                 £ 120.00
T Griffiths inv 1566                 £ 48.00      £ 632.40
Hereford Council Bins                                £ 163.67
Country wide May                   £ 156.00
Country wide June                  £ 156.00    £ 312.00
T Griffiths Inv 1571                 £ 48.00
T Griffiths Inv 572                  £ 282.00
T Griffiths Inv 573                  £ 188.40     £ 518.40
Total:              £ 1,706.47

Total cheques: £60,690.33

It was moved that all cheques should be paid. But that the car park and paths cheques could only be issued once the S106 monies had come into the Parish accounts.

Proposed:KH Seconded: JH All cllrs were in favour of making the payments when the funds were available.

c. Receipts: None

d. Application for Financial Aid: None

16. Discussion on Facebook Site and social media presence of the WGPC: AG and MK will work together to set up a site.

17. Receive items for the next agenda (no discussion)

18. Agreed time and date of next meeting: 16th September 2021 starting at 7.30pm at Withington Village Hall.

The meeting closed at 9.28pm

Signed: _________________________ Date: _________________

Dates for 2021 meetings:

16th Sept 7.30 pm start
18th Nov 7.30 pm start