May Minutes 2020

Withington Group Parish Council
Meeting Held on Thursday 21st May 2020 On Zoom
DRAFT M I N U T E S

Present: Ralph Barber (RB), Alison Bainbridge (AB) (on the phone), Martin Kirk (MK), Kevin Hewison (KH), Bob Wood (BW), Jonathan Beech (JB), John Baker (JB); Judith Howe (JH), Julie Williams (JW), Sue Rudd (SR); Simon Dent (SD),

Also: Sophie Glover (Clerk), Paul Andrews (Ward Cllr)
The Meeting opened at 7.05pm

1. To accept Apologies for absence – Tom Nellist
Absent without apologies – Ed Simcock, Barclay Rogers.

2. Election of Chair
Ralph Barber was proposed as Chair by: JH and seconded by: AB
All were in favour.
Election of Vice Chair
Kevin Hewison was proposed as Vice Chair by: JB and Seconded by: BW
All were in favour
RB: reminded people that Withington were short of 2 cllrs, their vacancies had been Publicised and depending on whether or not any one came forward in the next 14 days (Thursday 11th June), the council would be advised of when they could co-opt replacements.

3. Review of other appointments: Footpaths officers; internal auditor:
It was hoped that Mrs Simcock would continue as FO in Preston Wynne
MK was happy to re-take the FO post for Withington.
JW was happy to remain as FO for Westhide.
BW was the Village Hall Rep last year and was happy to stand again.
MK was also the WF rep for the PC last year and will stand again.
Internal auditor: the WGPC have gone to Golden Valley Accountancy this year for the first time, they will see how efficient their services are before deciding on whom to use in 2021/22.

4. Remind Cllrs to update their notice of Registerable Interests.– Done, cllrs advised to inform the clerk if they were unsure if they needed to update these.

5. Annual Report
Had been circulated to all Cllrs, the outgoing chair was thanked for preparing it, there were no questions or comments. The report is at the end of these minutes.

6. To receive Declaration of Interests.None

7. Acceptance of minutes of the:– PC meeting (March 2020)

Proposed:BW Seconded: KH

They were duly accepted as a true record of the meeting.

8. Action points from previous meetings –
On agenda or addressed apart from: the fish and chip shop signs were refused, but they are still up – RB reminded the meeting that the applicant had 8 weeks to appeal from the 22nd Arpil . Clerk to chase the payment for the flood work done at PW.

9. Planning including updates on :
201301 – Nunnington Court, Nunnington – temporary siting of portacabin providing office space
PA had spoken with the officer in charge of these applications. The site notices have not gone up. The first application (194332) he has asked for redirection should the planners be minded to approve.
The clerk is to chase up the questions that the WGPC have put to the planning officer, they are still awaiting answers.

200207 – Land to the North of Southbank, Withington
PA: reported that nothing has changed since the last application, which was refused. The officer was hoping to make a decision by the beginning of June, but she is awaiting a comment from Welsh Water. He was questioned if it would be an officers decision or would it go to committee? PA had asked for it to go to committee if the officer was minded to approve the application, otherwise, the officer should make the decision.

10 Reports from:-
10.1 Ward Councillor – Paul Andrews
MK had sent him a point about the road surface on Veldo Lane, he had taken this up with Balfour Beatty. MK told him that there was a water leak at the moment, and it can be seen to be running the wrong way due to the resurfacing being done incorrectly.

10.2 Local police – Rural police teams report sent electronically

10.3 Balfour Beatty – Come out weekly and cllrs can comment on them. BW asked for confirmation that the work done recently on the corner of Vine Tree was actually done by Bell Homes as part of their planning agreement.

11. Withington Fields –
Update from the Clerk: informed the meeting that the lengthsman had been tasked with replacing the matting under the ‘maypole’ element of the equipment as identified in the last 2 playground inspections. The lengthsman is sourcing the matting required and the job will be done following that.

12. Changing rooms and car park at the village hall.
The first drawings had been circulated to all cllrs. KH raised a number of questions, on being that if they are adjoined to the village hall, we have to pay VAT on the build. He had thought that the initial idea had been to have the changing rooms separate from the VH and possibly join them later.
RB suggested that we put together a working group to look at this. KH, BW, JBaker, AB, agreed to join and they will reach out to other interested groups such as the football club.

13. Lengthsman Scheme – identification of jobs for the lengthsman.
Clerk to chase ES for the fencing contractors details for the fence at the dog walking area.
RB reminded the meeting that it was time to get the tree surgeon into the copse to check for ash dieback

14. Foot paths officers reports
Westhide: the stile on WS1 coming out of westhide wood across the field, the stile is in very poor condition. Clerk to notify BB to inform the landowner.
PW: no officer on the call
W’ton: MK will keep his eyes open.

15. War memorial
JBaker had circulated his thoughts on doing some thing with the War Memorial. AB thought that his proposals were good. She suggested approaching EasyLawn for a donation. He confirmed that the plinth, the cross and the 3 corner stones are listed, the rest is not. John will contact the proper officer to see what his feelings are as a first step. All cllrs supported his work. JB suggested a further source of funding for this project and sent JB the link.

16. To note contents of the information sheet, and take any comments from that.

17. Matters Financial.

a. Balances
Public Sector Deposit Fund £ 9,328.40
HSBC Parish Acct (30.04.20) £35,074.19
HSBC Withington Field Acct (30.04.20) £ 3,318.95 £47,721.54
b. Cheques to be paid
Parish Acct:-
Clerks Salary                                              £1,125.97
Clerks Expenses                                         £ 91.18
PAYE                                                            £ 157.73
Terry Griffiths, inv1039                            £ 55.20
Terry Griffiths, inv 963                             £ 338.40
WVH room fees                                          £ 16.00
Countrywide grass cutting inv: 112839 £ 360.00
117537, 117538                                                                      £2,575.28

Withington Field Acct:
Shelly O’Sullivan £ 80.00
Countrywide Grass Cutting Inv2840 £ 156.00
Countrywide Grass Cutting inv 7541  £ 78.00
Countrywide Grass Cutting Inv 3242 £ 156.00
T Griffiths Field acct March inv 1055 £ 48.00
T Griffiths Field acct Feb Inv 1038     £ 36.00
£ 554.00
Cheques paid between meetings
Herefordshire Council Bins                                                £   155.87

Total cheques: £3,285.15
Internal transfer:
From Parish Acct to WF acct (from precept) £5,000
From Parish Acct to savings acct (depreciation) £3,300
From Parish Acct to savings acct for election expenses £600.00

It was moved that all cheques should be paid.

Proposed: AB Seconded: JH

RB outlined how we were getting cheques signed during the virus lock down, he holds the cheque book, completes cheques once the PC have approved spending, JH then counter signs and they are forwarded to the clerk for posting.

c. Receipts: Payment from H’fd Council for 1st half of precept £11,000
Interest on savings acct : £4.67

d. Application for Financial Aid, The Courtyard: RB pointed out that previously we have not supported this sort of appeal, with all other cllrs agreement it was resolved to not make a donation.

15. Receive items for the next agenda (no discussion)
Next meeting will be an extraordinary meeting on 11th June at 7pm on line just to approve the end of year accounts.

July WGPC meeting: Discussion on updating the NDP .

The meeting closed at 7.58pm

Signed: _________________________ Date: _________________

Dates for 2019/20 meetings:

Extra ordinary meeting 11th June 7pm start
9th July 7.30 pm start
17th September 7.30 pm start
19th November 7.30 pm start