Minutes for 11th July meeting

Withington Group Parish Council Meeting
Held on Thursday 11th July 2019

Present: Martin Kirk (MK), Tom Nellist (TN), Kevin Hewison (KH), Bob Wood (BW), John Baker (JB), Ralph Barber (RB), Ed Simcock (ES), Sue Rudd (SR);

Also: Sophie Glover (Clerk), 1 member of the public
The Meeting opened at 7.30pm

10 minute period is set aside for any members of the public who wish to raise any issues with the Parish Council.
The parishioner talked about the lack of bins on Southbank, she asked if the council could put a bin in there now. There is also a fence panel down in the communal carpark, she was unclear who was responsible for this.
– Traffic calming measures are coming to Duke St, she wanted these to extend down to Southbank, as people have been hit by cars, including a child, and a cat was run over in the last month. RB: S106 monies will be used to look at traffic calming in the whole of Withington.
– Dog walking enclosure has not been cut. Clerk is booking the cutting chaps to come as soon as possible.
– Lydiat Lane, the lady of the house at the back of the dog enclosure has put up signs saying that the lane is private and dog walkers are not allowed to walk down there. The member of the public asked if she was correct? RB: felt that this had been dealt with previously, however there was a discussion as to whether or not the lane was a public right of way.
Action: Clerk to ask BB for clarification.
– Footpaths – on the circular walk you can not use the paths as the crop has completely blocked the paths.RB: explained the situation of the landowner and their contractor, but Clerk will contact BB to address this.
– Lots of weeds at Southbank, please can these be dealt with.
Action: Clerk to inform BB

1. To accept Apologies for absence – Simon Dent, Paul Bainbridge, Alison Bainbridge, Julie Williams, Jonathan Beech, Judith Howe, Paul Andrews (Ward Cllr)
Absent with out apology: Sarah Winwood, Barclay Rogers

2. To receive Declaration of Interests.- None declared.

3 Reports from:-
3.1 Ward Councillor – apologies sent as he is on holiday.

3.2 Local police – Nothing received.

3.3 Balfour Beatty – Come out weekly and cllrs can comment on them.

4. Acceptance of minutes of the:– 2019 Annual PC meeting (May 2019) and the extraordinary June PC meeting.

Proposed: KH Seconded: BW

They were duly accepted as a true record of the meeting.

5. Action points from previous meetings
On agenda or addressed apart from: War Memorial and Grass Cutting in Open spaces. Clerk to write letters of thanks to Jim Callow, Rachel Leak, Steven Scotcher.
Grass cutting: would be about £4,000 a year for four cuts a year, payment will be split over 12 months.
There was a feeling that this was a lot of money. RB put the suggestion of taking over the grass cutting to the PC wanted to get further quotes, clerk to ask the lengthsman, Squires (Dormington) also.
Balfour Beatty transport plan: where is this? Are they ready to put it forward. Clerk to ask for an update.
War Memorial: JB: has spoken with the War Memorial Trust, who have been out to look at the memorial, they suggest that we now apply for a grant with them. He is keeping an eye on this.

6. Neighbourhood Plan
RB: still with the examiner, should be ready next week.

7. Withington Fields –.
Update from the Clerk: The Withington Field group met earlier this evening and walked around the play area. Problem areas were discussed, matting under the maypole (to be taken up and levelled, then new matting to be re-laid), sand pit (final side to be re timbered, the weed suppressant membrane to be tidied up and sand replaced), balancing beams to be moved from the end of the football field to the main play area. Fence to be replaced at the final side of the park.

Action ; Clerk to pass the jobs on to the lengthsman.

8. Lengthsman Scheme – identification of jobs for the lengthsman.
Ask him to quote for the grass cutting. Move on the WF jobs.

9. Foot paths officers reports
All fine in PW, also in Westhide. In Withington the problem on many paths is the rape crop blocking the way.
Action: Clerk to inform localities steward.

10. To note contents of the information sheet, and take any comments from that. To include a discussion on the suggested Councillor Allowance Scheme.
RB: Outlined the scheme, and asked Cllrs their views on implementing the scheme. KH proposed not to go with the scheme, ES seconded this and all were in support of WGPC rejecting the scheme.

11. Matters Financial.
a. Balances Yorkshire – Reserve acct £11,306.77
HSBC Parish Acct £21,756.87
HSBC Withington Field Acct £ 7,026.18                    £40,089.82
b. Cheques to be paid
Parish Acct:-
Clerks Salary £ 513.38
Clerks Expenses £ 20.00
Countrywide inv 56842 and 63753 £ 248.40
Withington Field Acct:-
Shelly O’Sullivan £ 80.00
Countrywide inv 56843 £ 156.00 £236.00

Total cheques: £ 1,107.48
It was moved that all cheques should be paid.

Proposed:KH Seconded:MK
c. Receipts: None
d. Application for Financial Aid, Holy Trinity Church, Preston Wynne.(Sent a letter to the meeting outlining what they wanted) . The feeling was that they have never asked for money before, it was moved that WGPC would pay £280 to keep the paths clear through the churchyard. All present were in favour.
e. Defibrillator at WVH. Clerk to keep eye out on when the next round of grants are available and then to inform the PC.

12. Planning including :
190884 – Planning reconsultation for land adjacent to Duke St for the erection of holiday cottages
The land owner has suggested that they will cut back the hedge opposite the access point, but it was felt that this would just speed up the traffic.
BW recommended refusing this as it will only increase speeding Seconded: KH all were in favour

192326 – 76 Withies Close, Withington for proposed single storey extensions and double garage
Proposed: There was a proposal to Support this application by JB Seconded : KH all were in favour.

192164 – Land adjacent to Whitestone Chapel – application to vary S106 agreement
RB: gave an outline on the current situation, seemingly all the housing here is going to be social housing and they do not want to pay the S106 monies. The cllrs felt that a significant proportion of the houses would eventually be owned by individuals. Proposed BW to object to this application MK seconded and all were in favour.

191671 – Land to the North of Southbank Has over 70 comments on it. There is a Planning Committee meeting at the end of July(24th) but we don’t know if we are on that day or will be heard on the 14th August. KH said that he would talk for the 3 minutes at the July meeting, RB was a back up speaker. Clerk to ask the Chad’s to see if they would also speak for 3 minutes.

Action: Clerk to submit comments to the planning department.

13. Receive items for the next agenda (no discussion)
Grass cutting, fencing on WF, Bins at Marsh Lane (clerk to ask BB why they don’t send the little lorry to PW to do this), Speed limit of 30 on the PW road to Bromyard, lorries still using the lane through PW to Chase, the sign that told the lorries not to believe their satnavs and to use the other routes have been removed. Clerk to ask BB if they have removed them.

The meeting closed at 8.30pm

Signed: _________________________ Date: _________________

Dates for 2019/20 meetings:

19th Sept 7.30 pm start
21st Nov 7.30 pm start
New dates 16th Jan 2020 7.30 pm start
For 2020 19th March 7.30 pm start
Annual Meeting 21st May 7pm start