Minutes March 2019

Withington Group Parish Council
Meeting Held on Thursday 7th March 2019
M I N U T E S

Present: Paul Bainbridge (PB), Ralph Barber (RB), Kevin Hewison (KH), Jonathan Beech (JB), Bob Wood (BW), Rachel Leake (RL), Simon Dent (SD), Sarah Winwood (SW)

Also: Sophie Glover (Clerk), Two members of the public.
The Meeting opened at 7.30pm

10 minute period is set aside for any members of the public who wish to raise any issues with the Parish Council.
None raised.

1. To accept Apologies for absence – Tom Nellist , Steve Scotcher, Martin Kirk, Sue Rudd; Ed Simcock, Alison Bainbridge, Jim Callow, David Greenow (Ward Cllr)

2. To receive Declaration of Interests. RL for planning on Veldo Lane at item 17.

3.1 Report from Ward Councillor – he didn’t send a written one, however he had informed the clerk that he had visited the Vine Tree site on three occasions as requested and felt that now that the site was tarmacked it would reduce the mud problems slightly.

3.2 Report from local police – None sent.

3.3 Report from Balfour Beatty – Come out weekly and cllrs can comment on them.

4. Acceptance of minutes of the last PC meeting (Jan 2019)

Proposed: Chair Seconded: BW

They were duly accepted as a true record of the meeting

Acceptance of minutes of the February extraordinary PC Meeting

Proposed: Chair Seconded: KH

They were duly accepted as a true record of the meeting.

5. Action points from previous meetings
On agenda or addressed apart from:
Hedge cutting on Duke St, Balfour Beaty had been out to look at the hedge, and told the land owner that nothing was dangerous, and no further action needed to be taken. The Chair disagreed and suggested that we get the lengthsman to do it and bill the landowner. This was only to remove overhanging branches and brambles) This was debated by the meeting and it was proposed by the chair seconded by KH and 8 were in favour with one against. Update on the weight restriction on Radway Lane – the ward cllr will look at this tomorrow, it was to put a weight restriction on the lane – 7.5 tons. It was also proposed that a weight restriction of 7.5 tonnes be applied for Duke Street/The Stallange from the Cross Keys (A465) to A4103 (C1129 and C1130)and the clerk was asked to take this up with BB

Action: Clerk to get the lengthsman to cut the hedge on the Duke St corner.

6. Neighbourhood Plan

RB – As of the 11th Feb we have now passed regulation 16. We now await being given the name of 3 examiners for us to chose whom we want to have as our examiner. As we don’t have the names at the moment; RB proposed that delegated powers were given to the Chair and Vice chair to determine whom should be the examiner. Seconded: BW The proposal was passed with the vote of all in favour.
Following the examination, the next phase will be to finalise the NDP and then HC will submit it for referendum later in the year.

Action: The Chair and Vice will read the documentation on all 3 examiners when it is provided by HC, and from there make a decision as to whom to appoint. They will then inform HC of their decision.

7. Withington Fields
Update from the Clerk: Everything is currently in good working order. Steve Caine has informed the clerk that he is moving away from Withington, and the PC acknowledged how hard it would be to replace him, and thanked him for all of his hard work on Withington Field;
The lengthsman had submitted a price for renewing the fencing around the field behind the new houses on Withington Field. The Council considered that other quotes should be sought due to the cost.
The chair had drawn a draft plan for changing rooms behind the village hall, along with the increased parking possibilities. Steve and Ray have been to see Credenhill football club changing rooms, which were designed as mobiles, rather than a new build. Planning permission will need to be sought for both of these jobs. Additional parking spaces could be added. Chair to discuss with KH

Action ; Clerk to ask the lengthsman for a price per meter for the job, and to get some further quotes.

8. Withington Village Hall – Nothing to report.

9. Lengthsman and P3 Scheme / jobs for the lengthsman
JB reported a broken stile on Duke St.

Action: to pass on to the lengthsman.

10. Tree Warden / Foot paths officers’ reports
Withington – Nothing to report.

11. Training/other meetings: Fun with finance – March, clerk attended.
Payrole – HALC suggested that the PC should use a payrole provider to pay their clerk. This would take away any problems with pensions or PAYE as the provider should take all of this on.
Clerk pension – the PC need to write to the clerk to let her know that she can still opt into their pension – by June.
Electronic banking – Is now available to Parish Councils, the WGPC did not want to go along this route yet.
Savings account – it was suggested that the PC move their savings funds from the Yorkshire Bank to a CCLA savings account. This is currently offering 3% on their cash accounts with instant access. This was Proposed by :RB and Seconded KH . Also delegated powers were given to the finance committee to work with the clerk to make the transfer of funds happen as soon as possible.
Action: Clerk to check the tax liability of the 3%, and to progress the transfer of accounts.

12. War Memorial
John Baker provided an update on war memorial becoming a listed building. JB had asked the local conservation officer to come to look at the memorial. He is happy with the structure of the column of the memorial, but he won’t let it be cleaned mechanically, it can only be done with a handbrush. The officer was happy with the work that the PC has proposed. Plans at end of the minutes. The three stone corners of the monument are sound. The officer has asked for the PC to decide what we want, and he will then tell us what materials we can use. JB asked for councillors thoughts as to what it should look like.
It was felt that paving around the edge with gravel in the middle with no planting was appropriate. All were in favour of this option.

13. Section 106 Developments
We are still waiting for the HC officer to come back to us with their traffic proposals – as suggested by them in the summer of 2018. There is now a new planning application at the Old Pump Station in Withington, that HC knew about in 2016, but WGPC have only just heard of it.
There is activity at the Baptist Church, the site has been stripped and it looks like work will be starting soon. We hope that there will be about £60k of Section 106 monies coming in from this.
Action: clerk to update the time line for the s106 monies.

14. Election
The papers for the Councillors who wish to stand in the elections in May have come in and they were invited to stay after the meeting to complete these forms so that the clerk could take them all in together.

15. To note contents of the information sheet, and correspondence sheet, and take any comments from them:
E mail from a parishioner about the Byworth Trust application for the school to have a defibrillator kept in the school grounds. There was a discussion about this being the wrong location, and that any defibrillator supported by the PC should be a the village hall.
Action: Clerk to write back to the Byworth Trust.

16. Matters Financial.
Total
a. Balances Yorkshire – Reserve acct £ 9,281.60
HSBC Parish Acct £21,288.31
HSBC Withington Field Acct £ 2,222.31 £32,792.22
b. Cheques to be paid
Parish Acct:-
Clerks Salary £ 496.10
Clerks Expenses £ 29.80
Paye from January £ 106.87
David Smith (tree surgeon) £ 300.00
T Griffiths (Feb roads acct) £ 428.40
Data Orchard (NDP consultant) £ 240.00
HALC subs £ 962.58
£ 2,563.75
Cheques issued between meetings
WVH MUGA electricity £ 110.17 £ 2,673.92

Withington Field Acct:-
Shelly O’Sullivan £ 80.00
T Griffiths Fields acct £ 48.00 £ 128.00
Total cheques: £ 2,801.92

It was moved that all cheques should be paid.

Proposed: KH Seconded: BW
c. Receipts: None
d. Application for Financial Aid, St Peters Church – had not responded to the chair’s question as to how much they wanted and what was it for, Defibrillator for Withington Primary School – as earlier discussion.
Request to help to fund grass cutting in public open spaces in Withington Village: SW had gone out for 3 quotes, but had only heard back from Countrywide.
Action: Clerk to find out what BB are prepared to do over the summer in regard to public cuts, and to add this to the next agenda. Clerk to ask BB if they would contribute £160 for the cost of 2 cuts that they say they will do. Clerk to see if the grant for the community mowers is still available. Item to be added to the May meeting agenda.

17. Planning including :
190339: Land adjacent to The Old School House, Preston Wynne
The applicant was given the opportunity to talk about his proposed development.
PB pointed out that all the applications in this part of PW have been refused and one rejected on appeal.
Proposal by PB: that we object to the application for the reasons 163154 was refused.
Seconded: RB Six cllrs voted in favour of this decision and two abstained.
Decision : Refused on the same grounds as the original refusal, and as in conflict with the policies in the emerging Neighbourhood Plan

190403: Land at Former Pumping Station, Withington
The Chair suggested that this is on a brownfield site, so it will be hard to object to in principle, although the height of some of the homes might be questionable. The density of the build was also questioned.
It was considered that the density was too high and there should be a reduction of the dwellings to allow for more off street useable parking spaces to ensure no overspill parking occurs on the C1130.
Proposed by PB; objection Seconded: KH Seven Cllrs were in favour with one abstaining.
Decision: Object as the density is too high and there should be a reduction of the dwellings to allow for more off street useable parking spaces to ensure no overspill parking occurs on the C1130.

183380: Amended plans for The Gardens, Cross Keys.
No objection to amendments.

190008: Amended plans for Land off Veldo Lane – RL left the meeting.
It was proposed to continue with the PC’s previous objection, with the further note that the WGPC supports the councils Transportation Department objection to the proposal as submitted. The WGPC expects to be further consulted if additional plans are submitted.
Proposed: PB Seconded: BW Six cllrs were in favour of continuing with the objection with one abstaining.
RL returned to the meeting.

190338: Land adjacent to The Glen, Preston Wynne
It was proposed to object to the proposal on the same grounds as those for the refusal of application 171410, and as in conflict with the policies in the emerging Neighbourhood Plan
Proposed: KH Seconded: JB Six cllrs were in favour with 2 abstaining.

Action: Comments to be submitted to the planning department.

18. Receive items for the next agenda (no discussion)
Grass cutting in public areas in Withington.

The meeting closed at 9.28pm

Signed: _________________________ Date: _________________