Minutes November 2019

Withington Group Parish Council
Meeting Held on Thursday 21st November 2019

Present: Paul Bainbridge (PB), Alison Bainbridge (AB), Tom Nellist (TN), Jonathan Beech (JB), Kevin Hewison (KH),Bob Wood (BW), John Barker (JBa), Martin Kirk (MK), Ed Simcock (ES), Sue Rudd (SR), Barclay Rogers (BR), Simon Dent (SD), Ralph Barber (RB), Julie Williams (JW).

Members of the public in attendance: 6 members of the public

Also: Sophie Glover (Clerk), Paul Andrews (Ward Cllr)
The Meeting opened at 7.30pm

10 minute period is set aside for any members of the public who wish to raise any issues with the Parish Council.
None were raised

1. To accept Apologies for absence –Judith Howe, Sarah Winwood.

2. To receive Declaration of Interests.
Barclay Rogers declared an interest in item 14. Planning application 193502.

3 Reports from:-
3.1 Ward Councillor – Radway Lane: he is trying to get a 7.5 ton limit on the lane. He asked for cllrs to note any regular users of the lane then he will go and talk to them directly.
He is also trying to get the junction with the A465/A4103 remarked out. It is on the list but may still take some time.
TN asked for the A465 height sign to be in metric for the foreign drivers and Cllr Andrews will look into this.

Action: 7.5 ton weight limit for Radway Lane; Junction to be remarked; A465 railway bridge sign to be put in metric;

3.2 Local police – Sent by e mail. A paper about being scammed was circulated to all cllrs.

3.3 Balfour Beatty – Come out weekly and cllrs can comment on them. The flooding problem in Preston Wynne was also raised.
Action: Clerk to contact Balfour Beatty to push for someone to go out there and identify a solution to the problem.

4. Acceptance of minutes of the:- PC meeting (19th Sept 2019)

Proposed: PB Seconded: KH

They were duly accepted as a true record of the meeting.

5. Action points from previous meetings
On agenda or addressed apart from: 1.War Memorial: the War Memorial Trust will pay for making the memorial structurally safe (as it now is) and to clean it. It was suggested that JBa apply to Awards for All to see if their grant monies are available to repair the memorial further.
2. NDP: RB raised the request from the HCC for a NDP survey to be completed. He proposed that he does an initial fill and then PB reviews. Then we submit to the HCC. Proposal accepted by all.

6. Update on S106 development
Plans have been updated and are awaiting sign off in the Council for traffic calming measures. However, there are 3 areas that County/BB want to start as soon as possible, this includes a pedestrian crossing to Whitecross business park, traffic calming by the primary school Duke Street entrance and improved pedestrian facilities between Vine Tree Close and Veldo Lane. They want to start on the work at the school in the February holidays.
The chair asked for the cllrs support in going ahead with these initial works. All were in agreement.

7. Withington Fields
Motorbikes and quadbikes had been reported on the football pitch, however no damage seems to have been done, so it was hoped that this was perhaps a one off event – it was resolved to take no further action at this time.
Bat boxes in Withington Coppice: Bell homes are putting up bat boxes in their new development off Vine Tree Close , so it was resolved that WGPC would not be funding any further bat boxes at this time. However, if the Bat Preservation Group wanted to put up some of their own boxes, the WGPC would fully support them.
Action ; Clerk to inform BPG that there will be no funding from the PC.

8. Changing rooms and car park at the village hall.
KH and the chair met the architect who is designing the changing rooms last week. He will be getting 3 quotes to do a site survey. The chair asked for permission to ask S106 to pay for this Proposed: BW Seconded: TN All were in favour.

9. Lengthsman Scheme – identification of jobs for the lengthsman.
Inglenook Cottage on Duke St, and the corner opposite Stone Cottage both grips and gullies need clearing; Preston Wynne, depending on what we find out from Balfour Beatty, the Lengthsman might be needed there. Also, there is fly tipping along Veldo Lane, MK will use what3words to let the clerk know exactly where this is. Preston Wynne turning C1118, branch down.
Action: to pass these jobs onto the Lengthsman.

10. Foot paths officers reports
Nothing to report in either Preston Wynne, Westhide or Withington.

11. Training or information events attended:

Core strategy/planning workshop:
PB and RB attended. They will start to look at the Withington NDP when the new core strategy is announced which is expected to be around Easter 2020.
Parish Council Summit:
There was a suggestion to set up Parish ‘hubs’. Papers from this event will be circulated when they are released.

12. To note contents of the information sheet, and take any comments from that.
Noted, with no further comments.

13. Matters Financial.
a. Balances Yorkshire – Reserve acct             £ closed
Public Sector Deposit Fund                                 £11,306.77
HSBC Parish Acct                                                  £32,743.18
HSBC Withington Field Acct                              £ 4,531.96                 £48,581.91
b. Cheques to be paid
Parish Acct:-
Clerks Salary                                                          £1,138.01
Clerks Expenses                                                    £     34.52
PAYE (Oct/Nov)                                                   £    145.69
Village Hall for meetings in Sept                      £      14.00
HALC website hosting and domain                 £    168.00
Zurich insurance                                                  £    875.35
Eyelid producitons (website support)             £    100.00
Dave Smith (tree surgeon)                                £     300.00
Countrywide inv graveyard Oct                       £       66.00
Countrywide inv October                                  £        91.20
Countrywide inv graveyard Sept                     £        66.00
Countrywide inv September                            £        91.20
Countrywide inv August                                   £       66.00
Countrywide inv August                                   £        91.20
Countrywide inv June                                       £      223.20
T Griffiths roads work Aug                              £        30.00

Withington Field Acct:-
Shelly O’Sullivan                                               £      80.00
Countrywide Sept inv                                       £    156.00
Countrywide Oct inv                                         £     156.00
W’ton Village Hall for MUGA electrics         £     109.54
CF Roberts MUGA Electrics check                £     228.00
T Griffiths removal of graffiti                         £        42.00              £ 771.54

                                                                  Total cheques:             £ 4,271.91

It was moved that all cheques should be paid.

Proposed: PB       Seconded: KH

c. Receipts: Second half of the precept £10,500; interest from savings acct: £6.86
d. Application for Financial Aid, Defibrillator, WVH. It was confirmed that the anonymous donation to WGPC that was to ‘be used to the benefit of the Withington People’ could be used towards the funding of this. Clerk to continue discussions with AED Donate to progress this.
e. Precept setting: The chair explained that the finance group had met earlier in November to look at the finances for 2020-21. Their suggestion was to put up the precept to £22,000 with the aim of balancing the income and the expenditure for the year. This was proposed by the Chair, seconded by MK. 11 cllrs were in favour, 2 were against and 1 abstained.
Action: clerk to submit the form for next years precept

14. Planning including :
193311: Land at the Green
The chair guided the meeting to look at the newly adopted NDP and measure the building against that. Several members of the public expressed their concerns and objections. The lack of adequate site notices was raised the only one being in a location not normally passed on foot by local residents The general feeling was that the building looked good, but it was in the conservation area of Withington, and in the curtilage of the listed building. It was considered to be the wrong building in the wrong place. The Chair read out a suggested response objecting to the application.
Proposed: Paul Bainbridge Seconded: Bob Wood 10 in favour none against.

Cllr Rogers left the meeting.
193502: Land opposite Ayling House Preston Wynne
It was noted that against the NDP the garage was in front of the house, the PC also wanted to check if there was a footpath running through the site – it was thought that the path actually ran to the side of the plot. It was resolved that comments to this effect will be submitted.
Cllr Rogers rejoined the meeting.

193710: Erection of poly tunnels in Ocle Pychard.
WGPC initially said that they would support Ocle Pychard PC’s decision on the original application a year ago. This time WGPC was minded to continue to object to the application.
Agreed unanimously.

192164: Land Adjacent to the Baptist Chapel
Hereford housing want to change all of the houses to be ‘affordable’, and not 11 affordable and the rest ‘market’ houses which the original plans were submitted for. If all are affordable, there will be no S106 monies available as it does not have to be paid for affordable homes. The PC has been consulted on this, we have been offered £20,000 instead of S106 monies to use as the PC wishes. PB suggested the following comments: 1. The Withington Group Parish Council objects to the application to vary the 106 agreement, unless contributions in line with the agreement are made towards highway and sports/play facilities for the village. (It is for the Herefordshire Council to determine whether they can forego other contributions (education etc).
2. If the Herefordshire Council approves the deed of variation and Herefordshire Housing proceeds with the scheme using grant funding then the offer of £20,000 to the Withington Group Parish Council be accepted. It is considered that this offer should be finalised in a binding agreement before any approval to the Deed of Variation is granted.
Proposed: Paul Bainbridge Seconded: RB 10 were in favour, no abstentions.

Chip shop sign on Springfield Road: A couple of complaints had been raised about the shop having signage on the road. The enforcement officer from the Council has now taken this case under his auspices. The Parish Council will await the enforcement officers comments.

Vine Tree lighting decision: We have been asked as to why the PC said no to street lighting: it was because of the height of the land at this development and it is in the countryside. In respect of the David Wilson Homes scheme the highways are not adopted so the PC was not asked.

Action: Clerk to submit the comments as agreed.

15. Receive items for the next agenda (no discussion)
Approval of the updated Finance Regs.

The meeting closed at 9.20pm

Signed: _________________________ Date: _________________

Dates for 2019/20 meetings:

New dates 16th Jan 2020 7.30 pm start
For 2020   19th March      7.30 pm start
Annual Meeting 21st May 7.00 pm start
16th July                               7.30 pm start
17th Sept                               7.30 pm start
19th Nov                                7.30 pm start